The Red Tour: Detroit, Michigan- May 4, 2013
You had it figured out since you were in school, everybody loves pretty, everybody loves cool #taylorswift #theluckyone #REDDetroit
Interviewer: Could you have been in a boy band?
Ed: Fuck no. I had trouble getting signed to a record label for the way I look.
Interviewer: Ladies do you find a problem with the way he looks?
Ed: But that’s only because I’ve been given the opportunity to kind of go out there and play my music.The first glimpse of a boy band is usually the way that they look. So I probably wouldn’t have fit in the boy band. And I can’t dance either. To be fair, when I first went to record companies when I was like 17, I wasn’t really managed and I hadn’t done anything really big. I just had a lot of songs. I moved to London on my own at 16. I was a very athletic kid, but when I moved above a pub (when I was only living off of one pound a day) I just ate fries every day and the pub gave me free beer. So all I did was drink beer and eat chips. So I got very, very fat very, very, quickly. So you can imagine a fat, pale, red-cheeked, ginger kid coming in and singing you love songs. And all the guys at the record companies are like “This is not marketable.”
- Ed: *sells out venue after venue*
- Ed: *goes on tour with example, snow patrol and taylor swift*
- Ed: *wins a shit ton of awards*
- Ed: *plays the Grammys with Elton John*
- Ed at a lego shop: This is where my job gets fun.
- Interviewer: You don't appear in many of your music videos. Is there a reason for that?
- Ed: Yeeeah, well, I... I dunno. Yeah.
- Ed: I don't - I don't really like photographs or videos. It's gonna happen at gigs and stuff like that, but I think if it's not necessary, you shouldn't really... shouldn't really... I dunno.
- Ed: Some artists can be the face of their campaign, and I... I...
- Ed: (quietly) I get a little self-conscious, I guess.
- Interviewer: Do you?
- Ed: Yeah, a little bit.
Thanks for making this!
Haha! Work it.
He is literally perfection. #edsheeran #SwitchParty
Taylor Swift at Ford Field last Saturday. Such a fun show! #taylorswift #REDDetroit